Guinée - Conakry | 7 août 2017 | Emploi
Date de début : 1 septembre 2017
Durée de la mission : 2 years
Date limite des candidatures : 25 août 2017
Veuillez trouver ci-dessous l’offre en anglais
Solthis is an international medical NGO which aims at improving access to care for people in limited-resources settings. Its action is based on three modes of intervention: Health Systems Strengthening, Operational Research and Advocacy, with methodology based on multilevel & multidisciplinary approach: Care services delivery (medical and paramedical staff, midwives, therapeutic educators and psycho-social workers, etc.); laboratory (technicians, etc.); pharmacy (procurement, logistics supply chain teams, pharmacist, etc.); the health information system; and lastly the coordination bodies.
This position takes place in the OPP-ERA Project (http://opp-era.org).
OPP-ERA's innovative solution aims to improving HIV-1 monitoring by increasing access to routine, affordable VLTs and HIV -1 Early Infant Diagnosis in LMICs. It contributes to global momentum, putting in practice UNAIDS 90-90-90 Strategy commitments and the WHO “Treat All” guidelines. OPPs (open polyvalent platforms) are appropriate for low- and middle-income countries and are high performing. The open nature of the platform allows for new suppliers of complementary components of the platform to enter the market and increase competition. The project aims to stimulate a sustainable supply of OPP quality components and create a shift in the current market dynamics.
The project goal is to increase effective coverage of optimized HIV/AIDS-related tests (VLTs, EID) and demonstrate polyvalent use (TB, HBV) in LMICs. Within the project, we intend to significantly contribute to the scaled-up access to key HIV-related diagnostics in the four project countries (Burundi, Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire and Guinea), in complementarity to other technologies (integrated platforms and POC).
The project outcome is an increased use of OPPs for VLT and EID at the global level. By increasing access to quality VLTs and EID and providing tools to help other countries effectively use OPPs, we intend to contribute to the scale up and global use of OPPs, broadening the OPP market. In this way recipient countries can choose the most appropriate diagnostic solution according to needs. Therefore the market impact is expected on both the supply and the demand side.
In this Phase 2, we are looking for a Supply Chain Advisor in Guinea.
Under the Project Coordinator, the Supply Chain Advisor, will be responsible to handle the procurement and supply chain related activities :
Receipt of goods
- On arrival in-country liaise with Lab technicians to check quality of products, ensuring they are placed in quarantine if there is a problem and inform supplier.
- Create a plan for randomly sampling products on arrival and in labs, select samples and send to independent laboratory for quality testing.
Review of data, monitoring
- Adjust the reported data, as needed, to provide a picture of national consumption and stock on hand.
- Every month, update the pipeline database for consumption and stock, as reported on the LMIS report/orders, all quantities on order (and expected delivery dates) from all supplying agents.
- Prepare monthly stock status reports.
- Calculate indicators of performance of the logistics system, including – reporting rates – lead time tracking – patient scale up, by site.
- Ensure accurate data is analyzed properly and that the pipeline database is updated monthly.
Support development of national logistics and procurement capacity
- Meet SCM MoH to get interest/ permission to undertake national and district supply chain self-assessments.
- Support the implementation of national Action Plans to improve logistical/procurement capacity, providing technical assistance and support the development of training curriculum and training sessions as required.
- Undertake visits post training to assess uptake of training and to mentor staff in procurement, distribution, storage and inventory management.
- Create Procurement/lab TG coordination mechanism in each country with ToR to discuss and monitor procurement, difficulties and action taken.
- Attend regular meetings to collect, follow up and provide approach documentation and to closely monitor distribution process.
- Supervise activities related to transport, storage and distribution.
Master's Degree (Biology/Pharmacy/Public Health) and a minimum of 5 years in a relevant field.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Experience in procurement and supply chain management on health and non-health products,
- Experience in Lab commodities management would be an asset,
- Knowledge of public health policies and management,
- Experience in NGOs would be an added value.
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and reporting skills,
- Strong organizational and management skills,
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and able to prioritize multiple tasks, while driving results.
Project duration: 2 years
Status: CDD one year renewable
Starting date : September, 2017
Salary & benefits : salary according to professional experience + package (medical and repatriation insurance, transport, accommodation, monthly living allowance of 530€), 33 days of paid leave per year.
Location of work : Post based in Conakry – Guinea with business trips
Submission of applications: Please send your application in English (CV, cover letter, references, dates of availability) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference “Supply Chain Advisor”, by August 25th 2017.
Solthis reserves the right to close any vacancy before the advertised deadline. Thank you for your understanding.